David Bowie is...

I'm not the greatest David Bowie fan. In fact when I think of him the image that comes to mind is that of him embarrassing everyone at Live Aid by kneeling and using the Lords Prayer (excuse me while I cringe...). However, of late, and largely due to my daughter having discovered first Life on Mars,?, then Ziggy Stardust and then the rest of his stuff, he's grown on me. 
And now having got up at 5am (on my day off) I am sitting on a pavement outside the V&A Museum, in the final week of the 'David Bowie is...' Exhibition, to be sure of getting a ticket to see some of his clothes. Sorry, costumes. 
Images of him singing 'Starman' on TOTP (that's one for the teenagers) leap to mind - probably in between Mud miming to 'Tiger Feet' and The Sweet to 'Ballroom Blitz'. 
I must have listened to him more than I remember doing, because I owned a copy of Aladdin Sane and another double album with a not v memorable name (or tracks).
Anyway, although there's still almost 1.5 hrs before the doors open, and there's no guarantee we'll get a suitably timed ticket, it is sunny and I'm keeping my promise to Esme to bring her here. Life's good! 
PS: The queue behind us is huge - they should've got up earlier. Clearly not committed DB fans...



Comments

Popular Posts